Introducing the newest elite club in Lincoln, NE – Harris Hotshots!
Harris Hotshots is an exclusive club made of individuals who challenge themselves to make wonderful music. These musicians are motivated, talented, hard-working – and we happen to think they are pretty cool. 😊
There are two ways to join the Harris Hotshots: 1) Setting and achieving a personal goal, or 2) Completing the monthly practice challenge.
- Work with your teacher to determine a good goal for you. It could be something like memorizing a pack of flashcards, completing a level of books, memorizing scales, etc.
- Set a due date for your goal.
- Your teacher will fill out a form for you and give it to the office. Your goal will be displayed on the Harris Hotshots bulletin board.
- Update your teacher on your progress every week. We will update the bulletin board with your progress.
- Complete your goal by your goal due date and you’re in!
Monthly Practice Challenge
- In the monthly music challenge, you will compete against yourself to meet a goal for practice minutes.
- Each level has a different time goal – your teacher will help you determine which level is best for you. Once you have decided on a level, we will put a tracker up on the bulletin board.
- Take a practice chart (available by the bulletin board) and keep track of your minutes every day. Be sure to write down how many minutes you practiced right away!
- Tell your teacher how much you practiced each week, and we will update your tracker on the bulletin board.
- The contest runs from the 1st of the month to the last day. If you’ve met the practicing goal by the end of the month, you’re in!
Once you are in the club, your picture will be taken and added to the Harris Hotshots bulletin board. But don’t just stop there! For every goal and monthly challenge you complete, a star will be added to your picture. See if YOU can have the most stars!
Do you have what it takes to be a Harris Hotshot? Let’s find out!