- John Fucinaro (acoustic, bass, electric, beginning ukulele)
I really like John as a teacher. I think there is no better teacher! – HAA Student
Age to Start
- Some instructors will work with students as young as 6 years old, while others recommend waiting until the 7-8 year old range when students have greaterhand strength.
Choosing a Guitar
- Choose a guitar that is the right size for your child’s stature. Our instructors can help you in determining the correct size.
- Nylon strings are recommended for younger students as they are easier to handle and more accommodating to fretting chords with a child’s hand strength and small finger span.
- Students can learn how to play the guitar through three main learning techniques: reading notes, ear training, or guitar tablature (tabs).
- Our guitar instructors are familiar with each form and can tailor the learning style to fit a student’s needs and strengths.
- Regardless of which learning style works best, our instructors offer quality guitar education with strong attention to music theory.