Thank you for all you do to be so supportive of my daughter. I know she always looks forward to lessons partially for the time she visits with you all! – Dave & Jean (Parents)
- Voice lessons at Harris Academy of the Arts are suitable for singers of a variety of ages, experience, and vocal types.
- Our vocal instruction emphasizes the development of proper technique to protect the voice, improve sound production and gain confidence.
- Vocal students learn basic posture, breathing, diction, and stage presence.
Age to Start
- It is recommended to wait to begin lessons until the student is 12 years old
- At this point, the voice is mature enough that they can safely begin working on vocal technique.
- For students younger than 12, consider Treblemakers Show Choir or starting with piano lessons. Some piano teachers will even incorporate some singing into lessons.