- Lincoln Havranek (saxophone, beginning flute, beginning clarinet)
- It is recommended that a student consider piano lessons prior to beginning a woodwind instrument to acquire the basic foundation of rhythms, note reading and symbol identification.
- Students can begin playing the recorder when their fingers are large enough to cover the holes.
- Some wind instruments require pressure to be put on a musician’s front teeth, which means that students should have their second set of front teeth before beginning lessons.
- The student should also be able to hold the instrument and have enough lung capacity to produce sound.
- It is recommended to begin lessons around the age of 10.
View our private woodwind lesson availability